Anxiety disorder is one of the common anxieties of Western society. Recent studies refer to quite large numbers of 5-10% of the population who suffer from anxiety disorder at varying levels. But, if only we could say that the plight of many comforts us … True, we are not alone with anxiety, but it is a mental state that can be truly paralyzing, involves great suffering and has a bad impact on our quality of life.
Have you ever wondered why you have an anxiety disorder at all? Where did it all begin? Let’s try to give a brief explanation of the reasons why anxiety disorder can occur in many of us.
Development Of Anxiety Disorder – How Does It Begin?
Let’s understand a thing or two about how worried thoughts develop, anxieties. In many cases the development of the disorder is already very young, in our childhood. At home. If you grew up with a parent or a couple of parents who were constantly anxious and worried at any time, this could greatly affect your adult life and become an opening to develop your own anxiety.
How it develops:
- Under the influence of worries or anxieties around – especially in parents, of course, the child / person learns that in doubt or uncertainty, he can not rely on his own logic.
- A child hears all the time how dangerous the world is, how bad things can happen, and worst of all, how weak he is in the face of the situation and he can not cope with the dangers. It permeates into adulthood.
- Mother or father kept saying, “Be careful, be careful.” So he’s careful. Very, all the time. Out of everything. Non-stop. In an exhausting way …
- When one doubts, one’s heart is filled with anxiety, deep worries about terrible and terrible scenarios that might happen, the worst fear of the approaching catastrophe.
- Man is frantically searching for ways to avoid danger, to be careful, to control the situation. Thoughts take on a life of their own, do not stop, deepen, and ultimately make it impossible to think of anything other than that thing that worries so much.
From here the road has been built into a world of anxious anxieties and worries, caused by a state of constant uncertainty – “what will be.” “what if”. Thoughts rush forward and imagine ghastly scenarios and the head in constant search for answers because … In the inner sense, a state of uncertainty is an unbearable situation that brings disaster. catastrophe. This is the basic fundamental belief that underlies the anxiety disorder that has developed.
If you feel great empathy with what is being said here, and if you suffer from prolonged anxiety or even panic attacks (sometimes accompanied by anxiety), then the next thing we will explain is that this terrible situation is manageable and resolvable. And really, but really, there’s no reason for you to suffer like that. Neither you nor your loved ones (do not forget the children if you have … if the parents are anxious, the chances that the children will be great too).
So how do you treat anxiety disorder?
In the treatment of anxiety, there are two levels: the treatment of symptoms (obsessive thoughts, over-caring) and the deeper treatment of your inner core beliefs. The method of treatment that is considered to be the most successful today against anxiety is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
For more information about how to treat anxiety disorders, click here >>
For tips on how to make everyday coping with anxiety easier, click here >>
ביקרו 823 פעמים, 4 ביקורים היום